Who doesn’t want to be smarter? The ability to grasp and understand the world around you is a powerful feeling. Over time, I’ve developed a deep appreciation for intelligence. Now that I’m not in school, I struggle with ways to continually learn and increase my level of smarts. After reading various articles, I’ve compiled a list of the best ways to increase your intelligence:
1. Learn Something New Everyday– On dictionary.com they have a “Word of The Day” section. Learn it, and then make it a point to use that word at least 3 times that day in normal conversation. Or do a crossword puzzle daily.
2. Meet New People– Develop friendships with people who think differently from you. It will allow you to see the world through someone else’s eyes and give you a new perspective on things around you.
3. Stay Active- Your body and mind are very interconnected. The energy you get from working out gives you the stamina to concentrate and think clearly.
4. Get Some Sleep- Being well rested helps increase productivity and concentration. Being I have insomnia, I know how important sleep really is. A lack of sleep makes me feel like I’m walking in a haze, and my thoughts are all over the place. Make it a point to get the sleep your body needs.
5. Know Yourself- Self awareness is important. Understanding what makes you tick is one of the best ways to gain intelligence. Learning about yourself will you help you put everything around you into perspective.
These are tips I’ve been trying to use daily. So far so good! Hope it helps you as well!
Enjoy your Sunday!
Photo taken from google images