Mediocrity -/ˌmēdēˈäkrətē/ The state or quality of being mediocre; of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate
I saw a best friend from grade school a few months ago. It was the first time we had seen each other in years. He reminded me of things we used to say and do as kids. He also reminded me of some of the extraordinary hopes and dreams we had as children. Later that day I started to wonder if I was living in mediocrity being I hadn’t actively tried to pursue any of those dreams I had as a girl.
Many of us live in mediocrity. We no longer dream big. We’ve accepted where we are and don’t strive for what we once wanted. Some of us can’t even remember what we wanted most.
I know just how easy it is to lose sight of our dreams and goals, but fear not, there are ways to get back on track!
1. Write them Down- There is something powerful about seeing your thoughts on paper. Be specific!
2. Admit your Scurrreedddd- It’s okay to be scared. What’s not okay is to let fear keep you from accomplishing your goals.
3. Be Positive- When you get discouraged, think about how awesome you’ll feel when you reach what you’ve set out to do!
4. Take Small Steps- It can be overwhelming when you think of what you wish to accomplish, but if you take baby steps, those small victories will eventually lead you to your goal.
5. Don’t give Up- For all of us there will be hiccups along the way, but push through! You’ll learn so much about yourself if you do.
“There is an infinite difference between a little wrong and just right, between fairly good and the best, between mediocrity and superiority.” Orison Swett Marden
Image from http://www.weheartit.com